HMS Networks eWON Flexy and Cosy
ICSA： ICS Advisory (ICSA-20-098-03)
厂商： HMS Networks
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 6.1
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely
- Vendor: HMS Networks
- Equipment: eWON Flexy and Cosy
- Vulnerability: Cross-site Scripting
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could initiate a password change.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following eWON products are affected:
- eWON Flexy: All firmware versions prior to 14.1s0
- eWON Cosy: All firmware versions prior to 14.1s0
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
A non-persistent XSS (cross-site scripting) vulnerability exists. An attacker could send a specially crafted URL to initiate a password change for the device. The target must introduce the credentials to the gateway before the attack can be successful.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Commercial Facilities, Critical Manufacturing, Energy, and Water and Wastewater Systems
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Sweden
Ander Martínez of Titanium Industrial Security reported this vulnerability to the Spanish National Institute of Cybersecurity (INCIBE).
HMS Networks recommends users update to latest firmware, Version 14.1s0
CISA recommends users take defensive measures to minimize the risk of exploitation of this vulnerability. Specifically, users should:
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and/or systems, and ensure that they are not accessible from the Internet.
- Locate control system networks and remote devices behind firewalls, and isolate them from the business network.
- When remote access is required, use secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), recognizing that VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available. Also recognize that VPN is only as secure as the connected devices.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability. High skill level is needed to exploit.