3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH CODESYS V3 Library Manager
ICSA： ICS Advisory (ICSA-19-255-02)
厂商： 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 8.6
- ATTENTION: Low skill level to exploit
- Vendor: 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
- Equipment: CODESYS V3 Library Manager
- Vulnerability: Cross-site Scripting
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow malicious content from manipulated libraries to be displayed or executed.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
All 32 and 64 bit CODESYS Development System V3 versions prior to 22.214.171.124 are affected by this vulnerability.
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
The system displays active library content without checking the validity, which may allow the contents of manipulated libraries to be displayed or executed. The issue also exists for source libraries, but 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH strongly recommends distributing compiled libraries only.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Germany
Heinz Füglister of WRH Walter Reist Holding AG reported this vulnerability to 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH.
3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH has released Version 126.96.36.199 to resolve this vulnerability for all affected CODESYS products.
Please visit the CODESYS update page for more information on how to obtain the software update: https://www.codesys.com/download/
As part of a security strategy, 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH recommends the following general defense measures to reduce the risk of exploits:
- Use controllers and devices only in a protected environment to minimize network exposure and ensure that they are not accessible from outside.
- Use firewalls to protect and separate the control system network from other networks.
- Use VPN (virtual private networks) tunnels if remote access is required.
- Activate and apply user management and password features.
- Limit the access to both development and control system by physical means, operating system features, etc.
- Protect both development and control system by using up to date virus detecting solutions. For more information and general recommendations for protecting machines and plants, see also the CODESYS security whitepaper at https://customers.codesys.com/fileadmin/data/customers/security/CODESYS-Security-Whitepaper.pdf
For more information, 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH has released a security report that can be viewed at the following link:
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability. This vulnerability is not exploitable remotely.