Johnson Controls exacqVision Server
ICSA： ICS Advisory (ICSA-19-199-01)
厂商： : exacqVision Server
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 6.7
- Vendor: Exacq Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson Controls
- Equipment: exacqVision Server
- Vulnerability: Unquoted Search Path or Element
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could allow an unauthenticated user to elevate their privileges.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
This vulnerability impacts exacqVision server Versions 9.6 and 9.8
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
3.2.1 UNQUOTED SEARCH PATH OR ELEMENT CWE-428
Some services have an unquoted service path. If an authenticated user is able to insert code in the system root path, that code can be executed during the application startup.
CVE-2019-7590 has been assigned to this vulnerability. A CVSS v3 base score of 6.7 has been calculated; the CVSS vector string is (AV:L/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H).
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Ireland
Gjoko Kristic of Zero Science Lab reported this vulnerability to Johnson Controls.
Johnson Controls recommends the following:
- Users should upgrade to the latest product, Version 19.03
- Further ICS security notices and product security guidance are located at the Johnson Controls product security website.
For questions concerning this product, contact Johnson Controls Global Product Security; email: [email protected]
CISA recommends users take the following measures to protect themselves from social engineering attacks:
- Do not click web links or open unsolicited attachments in email messages.
- Refer to Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability. This vulnerability is not exploitable remotely. High skill level is needed to exploit.