Reliable Controls LicenseManager
ICSA： ICS Advisory (ICSA-19-337-01)
厂商： Reliable Controls
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 7.8
- ATTENTION: Low skill level to exploit
- Vendor: Reliable Controls
- Equipment: LicenseManager
- Vulnerability: Unquoted Search Path or Element
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could allow an attacker to crash the system, view sensitive data, or execute arbitrary commands.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following versions of LicenseManager are affected:
- RC-LicenseManager: Versions 3.4 and prior
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
An authenticated user may be able to insert malicious code into the system root path, which may allow execution of code with elevated privileges of the application.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Commercial Facilities, Critical Manufacturing, Government Facilities
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Canada
Gjoko Krstic of Applied Risk reported this vulnerability to CISA.
Reliable Controls has released RC-LicenseManager Version 3.5, which is bundled for use within the latest RC-Studio software. Reliable Controls recommends users upgrade to RC Studio 3.6.3, which can be obtained at the following link:
https://www.reliablecontrols.com/support/software/releases.php (Login Required)
CISA recommends users take the following measures to protect themselves from social engineering attacks:
- Do not click web links or open unsolicited attachments in email messages.
- Refer to Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
- Every program and every user of the system should operate using the least set of privileges necessary to complete the job.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability. This vulnerability is not exploitable remotely.