Delta Industrial Automation DOPSoft
ICSA： ICS Advisory (ICSA-19-225-01)
厂商： Delta Electronics
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 7.8
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely/low skill level to exploit
- Vendor: Delta Electronics
- Equipment: Delta Industrial Automation DOPSoft
- Vulnerabilities: Out-of-bounds read, Use after free
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities may allow information disclosure, remote code execution, or crash of the application.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following versions of DOPSoft, a Human Machine Interface (HMI) editing software, are affected:
- DOPSoft Version 4.00.06.15 and prior.
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
Processing a specially crafted project file may trigger multiple out-of-bounds read vulnerabilities, which may allow information disclosure, remote code execution, or crash of the application.
3.2.2 USE AFTER FREE CWE-416
Processing a specially crafted project file may trigger a use-after-free vulnerability, which may allow information disclosure, remote code execution, or crash of the application.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Taiwan
kimiya of 9SG Security Team, working with Trend Micro’s Zero Day (ZDI) Initiative, reported these vulnerabilities to CISA.
Delta Electronics recommends users apply the following mitigations:
- Update to the latest version of DOPSoft, Version 4.00.06.47
- Restrict interaction with the application to trusted files.
CISA recommends users take defensive measures to protect themselves from social engineering attacks. Specifically, users should:
- Only use files from trusted sources on control systems equipment.
- Do not click web links or open unsolicited attachments in email messages.
- Refer to Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target these vulnerabilities.